Tuesday, May 12, 2009

hello dinner......are you in there?


I go into my kitchen and stare into the pantry... then I stare into the fridge... and finally, I stare into the freezer looking for inspiration. Nothing. I have to tell you....some nights I just don't feel like cooking. Do you feel that way too? All eyes are fixed on me. What are we having?When are we eating? I'm starving! It's a pressure cooker in there. And then, I recalled the locally made italian sausage with broccoli rabe that came out of the freezer the day prior. Now I'm getting somewhere. Finally inspired, here is the hearty dinner salad I put together.

Sauteed sausage over romaine with grape tomatoes, carmelized radicchio and avocado chunks.
It was topped with a basic vinaigrette. The following recipe makes enough for the week.

Basic vinaigrette

1/4 c. white wine vinegar
1 T dijon mustard
pinch sugar
coarse salt and ground pepper
3/4 c. extra virgin olive oil

In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard and sugar; season with salt and pepper. Slowly add oil, whisking to combine, or shake all ingredients in a jar.
Add fresh herbs if you have any on hand.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails