Tuesday, August 18, 2009

my fast food, part 2


I made the mistake of forgetting my lunch for work yesterday. I won't do that again. I was ravenous when I got home. Ate any and everything in my path. I'm trying to pull my eating back on track after a summer free for all. When your 3 day dirty work jeans are still tight, it's time. So, here is another healthy layered lunch idea using foods I had on hand.


Bottom layer - cole slaw mix
next - last nights leftover roasted new potatoes with onion
next - chopped turkey
next - fresh sliced tomatoes
olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper over the top
I still had some room in my container, so I set a small cup of cantaloupe on the top of everything.

Yum.

2 comments:

  1. haha! I love that it's upside-down when you eat it… dessert first, salad last!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naturally, dessert first. I refrained from putting a homemade chocolate chip cookie on top of the cantaloupe.....but I came very, very close!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails