Saturday, October 31, 2009

if poncho had a nickel

Poncho, as in serape, not Villa. This is my dad's nickname since childhood and today is his birthday.
Educator, tight hug giver, lifelong learner, Halloween baby, Aggie, athlete, inquisitive, fearless, open mind, super father, wood worker, builder, pie maker, proud and supportive father and g-dad, all around great guy. All these and more! Happy birthday Dad. You're the best.

My dad loves this song. He sings a verse or two anytime we get together. This post is named after his favorite line. I liked this version by country crooner Eddy Arnold. Enjoy your weekend and Happy Halloween!
Dadtoo hand drawn by Alan

4 comments:

  1. I love my birthday suprise. I especially like the song.I love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great day Dad! I wish that we could be together. It won't be long. I knew you would be happy with your song. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your dad had a great Birthday Shari! I know how much you love your Dad, and this was such a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sue. I'm lucky he's my dad. Hope you had a great Halloween.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails