My Weight Watchers resolve always get a bit shaky around midweek. Today, I'm really craving sweets. I decided to make these Oatmeal-Raisin Bites, a recipe from one of my weekly WW handouts. They are delicious! You'll notice the recipe calls for butter and sugar, the mandatory ingredients for a tasty cookie, but around half as much as the average recipe. Although the recipe says one point per serving, they fail to mention yield, so the point value remains a bit of a mystery.
1 1/2 c. rolled oats
3/4 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar ( I used Splenda brown sugar)
1 large egg
1 t. vanilla
1 c raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream butter and both sugars until thoroughly combined. Add egg and vanilla and mix again.
- Add oat mixture and stir just until combined; fold in raisins.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of dough about 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-10 minutes for chewy cookies and 11-12 minutes for crispy ones.