Sunday, June 20, 2010

king of pops

Here is the card I made for my Dad. This idea is great for any celebration! Birthday queen, king/queen of best friends, royal kids, etc...you get the picture.
Speaking of pictures, that's where we begin. Blow up a copy of a favorite photo. Dad's handsome photo was used as an ad for a photographer. I love his flat top!

Cut out a crown from construction paper or newspaper or fabric, or whatever else you have on hand.

Sew or tape or glue crown to the honoree.

Since this is for my dad, I decided to top each point with photos of my dad's 5 kids.
These are from varying attractive stages of our lives. My apologies to baby brother David for using such a puny photo of you. I had to make room for my TEETH!

Next, grab some art supplies from around the house. I brought out Sharpies, watercolors and a little glitter. Glitter makes everything better!

Have some fun decorating. Don't get tripped up on how you want it to look. Be loose!



I went a little overboard on his rosy cheeks. No worries. It's still really cute.

Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails