Wednesday, June 2, 2010

some women just can't take it


My nephew Tyson graduates from high school tomorrow. There are sure to be tears. A toast to my brother and sister in law for raising such a wonderful guy. We're having a little family party in his honor. I was looking through some old recipes for a nice kid friendly punch. Kids love a good punch after sitting still for so long! I ran across this recipe from my Aunt Shirley who just died a couple of months ago at 97. Shirley was very social. She enjoyed having the ladies over for an afternoon of bridge. I got tickled when I read her personal note: Here's a recipe I use sometimes - but I leave out the Ginger Ale. It's good but some women can't take the carbonated water.....


If you're so inclined, by all means, add the ginger ale! Here's the recipe if you have a little shin dig coming up and you want a special drink for the little guys.

2 packages Kool Aid - Keep in mind, this was before they had Kool Aid with sugar added.
1 can 6 oz. frozen orange juice
1 1/2 pints pineapple juice
2 qts. water
2/3 c. sugar
bottle of ginger ale

You can add to or take from. Mix and it's better to set awhile. This makes about 18 glasses. Shirley probably meant punch cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails