Thursday, November 5, 2009

my kind of chandelier


Look at this delightful tissue paper chandelier! Seen on Wren Handmade, this was from the Polish Art Center in Hamtramck, Michigan. The rolled paper flowers are stunners. Here's another version made by the talented textile artist, Lena Corwin. I love her more stylized, less frou frou direction. They're both incredible. I'm tucking this idea into the bat mitzvah folder. Could be lots of fun.


Maybe the cool and crafty girls over at Paper Nerds could show us how it's done. How about it Shannon? Local Rotten Bananas readers, would you take this class? I'm there. Yesterday.


7 comments:

  1. Oooh! I would LOVE to take a class to make something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a pattern here....color.color.color. Always drawn to color! I'll let you know if I can interest Shannon in teaching a class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am LOVING both of these lanterns! totally fun and i would love to have one in my house!! amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. so lovely! this would make a great class. tish and i will start brainstorming! thanks for the shout out!!!
    xo,
    s.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let us know Shannon....I believe we could fill a class. Thanks for visiting my blog. I can't wait to take one of your classes, if not this one, another for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails