Thursday, June 18, 2009

polished

Today's post courtesy of Sophie. If you've ever seen my nails, you already know I'm not capable of such a post. Here's Sophie......

I love doing my nails, and there's a completely easy way to do a perfect French manicure without going to the nail salon. Here's how:


The first thing you're going to have to do is paint your base color. Here I'm using a light blue (For Audrey from China Glaze) but feel free to do something more traditional, like a light cream color with a standard white French tip. Have fun with mixing colors and tips. Let it dry for about 5-10 minutes.


Take a piece of tape and stick it on and off of your skin a few times to take away the "stickiness". This will help keep your nail polish from coming off with the tape.


Place the tape on your fingernail right where a French tip would end.


With any color nail polish you want (I'm using a white from NYC), paint over the remaining part of the nail. You can be as messy as you want, since the rest is covered.


When you peel it off, you will have perfect tips, just like...these:


I added dots with a dotting tool right underneath the tip, but feel free to leave it as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails