Monday, September 21, 2009

bookish


Don't you admire people who are always in the middle of a good book? My own reading patterns are erratic at best ranging from engrossing all nighters to having no recollection whatsoever of the last book I read, which is my current state. So, this weekend I took the recommendation of my mom and sister in law and started this new Pat Conroy book. His heartbreaking stories of family dysfunction make me wince. I'm crazy about them.




Wouldn't you love to know all the books you've read over the years? Eric has been keeping a book log in varying forms for the past 10 years. Here's a glimpse of what he's read just since June. Makes me feel a bit unaccomplished.


I ran across this sweet gift idea right here. Artist Jane Mount will do a custom painting of your bookshelves. A lovely & personal gift.
I'll leave you with this... A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving. It's my very favorite book of all time. Do you have a very favorite?


Happy Monday!


12 comments:

  1. It is always hard to find extra time to read these days and when I do...I fall asleep. However when I finish a book I always feel good and can't wait to start another. I think I have about 6 must reads sitting next to my bed. I hope I get to them. Happy reading.
    xo ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Pat Conroy's new book so much, I went back and re-read The Prince of Tides-I'm sure it had been more than 20 years since I read it!I think I'll re-read his others as well- he is quite the story-teller!

    ReplyDelete
  3. John Irving has a new book coming out next month!

    E

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so excited about that. Perhaps I'll get on a roll. Have you read any Pat Conroy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann, your book club always seems to make good picks. any particular stand outs?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dori, I like your idea of rereading. Did it hold up for you? Did it stand the test of time?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It did. I went and bought Beach Music at Half Price Books yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss reading -- it's fallen by the wayside since having Mary. I did get a Jodi Picoult book at Half Price Books. Think I'll start on that tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love to read and read so much during the summer months, but i'm afraid it falls by the wayside during the school year. i wish that i had kept a book reading diary. maybe its not too late. micki

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for all the nice comments everyone. i'm committing to finish south of broad so i'll be ready for the new john irving. ashlee and dori, isn't 1/2 price books the best? when sadie works on collage projects i get her magazines there...super cheap. micki, i've been thinking about you. hope you have a nice class this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i adore this post. and love, love reading. : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love to read. Love the post. Love the personalized art work. Thanks for sharing this great find.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails