Friday, January 15, 2010

whoopie!

I'm spending this weekend with 22 of my favorite people on the planet. My dad, siblings, nieces, nephews (ranging from 2-17 years old!) and a couple of family friends who might as well be family. It's our 9th annual Bastop State Park camp out. We don't actually sleep in tents, but we do sleep in rustic cabins sometimes sharing quarters with a friendly raccoon.

We divide meals and share in the work. This year, I'm in charge of Saturday brunch.


Here is my menu:

custom made grilled cheese sandwiches
I wanted to call them Grillzzzzz, but the girls strongly
objected
roasted tomato and basil soup
cole slaw
whoopie pies

I'm going to let the little kids take "orders" from the grown ups.
They like to help.
Sadie made this colorful order form to make it simple.

I'll post the fun next week. Enjoy your weekend!



4 comments:

  1. it sounds like so much fun with so many people. i love the menu and the fancy schmancy order form. love your new banner, too. enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, Yum. The menu sounds delicious and fun. I sure hope yall don't get the rain we are getting down here - I'm about an hour south. Cross your fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That whoopie pie looks as big as my head and Sadie's menu is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to have missed it all! I heard all about the yummy meal you planned. Karleigh was impressed with the soup especially!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails