Friday, January 8, 2010

baby woody


This shot on quainthandmade made me smile. It also had me hauling out scrap books and photo albums and shoe boxes jammed full of photos just to find this sweet, long ago picture of Baby Woody and baldy, smiley, dimpley Sophie.

I owned a single baby stroller for Woody long before I ever had babies of the human sort.
Woody loved to be outdoors and take nice long walks. But he was a sickly little guy and couldn't make it very far on his own. Doesn't he have a beautiful smile?
Alan always said Woody was like our neighborhood mayor. He had countless admirers.
When Sophie was born, the only logical answer was a double stroller.
He kept his front seat status until the metronome waggle of his tail proved too enticing and tiny hands kept tugging. He was not happy, but he adjusted.

I sure did love that dog.

Happy weekend everyone.


4 comments:

  1. wow, this post made me so happy. sometimes i wonder if i should be spending my time in ways other than taking photos, but then i see how something i captured could bring back such a nice memory and it's worth it. your two precious ones are so adorable in that stroller - best friends. they made me smile and so did you. thank you, shari! enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Woody was one lucky dog. Such a sweet story, and you know I have a soft spot for beagles. Thanks Shari! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Back, Shari! I missed your posts thru the holidays and they have brought an added piece of sunshine to my mornings.
    The stroller makes me think I should get one for Zipper. I might have to tie her down. I can see her bailing to chase something!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Shari for your thoughtful, meaningful and just plain happy posts! You raise emotions in us (well, ME for sure). It is a lovely thing you do--sharing your thoughts with the world. smiles, amy :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails