Wednesday, January 6, 2010

meet the ladies & a gent


This is Joy. A fitting name for a delightful person.
Joy is my neighbor and garden club friend.

The ladies and gent of garden club have been pals for a very long time.
Our neighborhood club was formed in 1956.
Club flower: daffodil.
Club colors: yellow and green.


Margarete and I have a lot in common. Like me, she married a Jewish man and learned the ways and traditions from scratch. She's funny and outspoken. She's also a little bit famous around here for her decadent pralines.

These gals and gent are open minded, curious, lifelong learners.
They have embraced technology. They email, poke around the web and send attachments.
You won't be surprised there are many former school teachers in the bunch.
The light is always on.
They've raised passels of fine children who grew into fine adults.
I want to be just like them when I grow up.

One of my goals in 2010 is to become an active member once again,
rather than occasional participant.

Because they always remind me to slow down and enjoy life more.
Plus these gals are loads of fun. And so is this gent.


I'll take a group photo in coming months so you can see the whole lovely crew. I wouldn't want to overlook Rose and Marigold, two of our aptly named members!

4 comments:

  1. How lovely !A very sweet and touching story . Thanks for sharing it . Nini

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG they are so cute and that was so touching. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, our garden club ladies are the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely story. How about more on our Gent?
    Rose

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails